Make a lovely lunch served with salad and crusty bread!
Recipe - serves 4
3 Smoked mackerel fillets, flaked.
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion peeled and chopped finely
3 spring onions finely chopped
Lemon zest grated
1 tbs creme fraiche
Boil potatoes and onion, mash when cooked.
2) Place fish, potatoes, spring onions herbs, lemon zest in a bowl
season, add creme fraiche.
3)Using seasoned flour form 8 fishcakes, chill for 30 mins.
4) Fry gently in oil, can finish off in the oven.
Always a favourite with our guests.
Recipe- serves 4
3 oz Marg
3 oz caster sugar
3 - 4 pieces stem ginger, sliced thinly
1 Tbsp ginger syrup
Grated zest 1 lemon
3 oz S.R.Flour
Can use ginger conserve instead of stem ginger
1) Grease and sugar 4 ramekins.
2) Line base with ginger slices and tsp syrup.
3) Cream butter and sugar until light, add egg, beat well, stir in lemon
zest then fold in flour.
4) Divide mixture between ramekins, level surface. Bake at Gas 4 in a
bain marie for approx 30 mins until risen and golden.
5) Turn onto serving dish, serve with custard, cream or creme fraiche-flavoured
with ginger syrup.